Jackson National Life Insurance Company
Jackson National Life Insurance Company (often referred to as simply Jackson) is a U.S. Life Insurance Company based in Lansing, Michigan.
Jackson National is perenially among the top annuity companies in the United States and has dominated the variable annuity segment for the past decade. In 2022, Jackson’s variable annuity sales were 2nd overall in the United States, according to LIMRA’s SRI Annuity Sales Results Survey.
Jackson National Life has decided to begin exiting the struggling variable annuity market and reshifting its focus on Registered Index Linked Annuities (RILAs) and penetrating the Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) market space.
Jackson National Life Insurance Company Profile
Group Affiliation: Jackson National Group
State of Domicile: Michigan
NAIC Company Code: 65056
Year Founded: 1961
Jackson National Annuity Ratings
Jackson National Life Insurance Company has received the following financial strength ratings from independent rating agencies:
Learn more about life insurance company ratings
Jackson National Annuities Offered
Jackson Annuity Contact Information
|(877) 565-2968||Values & contract information|
|(800) 644-4565||Contract Owners|
M-F, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET
|(517) 381-5500||General Information|
M-F, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET
|Regular Mailing Address (Including Premium Payments): Jackson P.O. Box 24068 Lansing, MI 48909-4068|
|Overnight Mailing Address: Jackson 1 Corporate Way Lansing, MI 48951|
Capital and Surplus: $6,612,599, 000
Total Surplus & AVR (As % of General Account Assets): 9.2%
A Best’s Financial Strength Rating opinion addresses the relative ability of an insurer to meet its ongoing insurance obligations. It is not a warranty of a company’s financial strength and ability to meet its obligations to policyholders.
View our Important Notice: Best’s Credit Ratings for a disclaimer notice and complete details at http://www.ambest.com/ratings/notice. Data for Year-End 2021 from the life insurance companies statutory annual statements. All ratings shown are current as of March 14, 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
Jackson National is a good insurance company with strong financial ratings and a 9.2% surplus (as a percent of general account assets) according to their year-end 2021 statuatory annual statement.
As of March 14, 2023, Jackson National is rated A by A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s, and Fitch Ratings, an A2 by Moody’s, and a Comdex Score of 76.
On September 13, 2021, Jackson Financial Inc. announced its full separation from Prudential plc (Prudential; NYSE: PUK) through a demerger. Jackson is now an independent company, and its Class A common stock trades under the ticker symbol “JXN” on the New York Stock Exchange.
Prudential plc bought Jackson National for $608 million in 1986.
Yes you can access the following documents and information online via your Dashboard.
- Statements and Transaction Confirmations – Verification of financial transactions on your contract, including trades, transaction amounts, withdrawals, and more.
- Prospectuses and Reports – Important information about a fund’s results, investment objectives, risks, expenses, and more.
- General Correspondence – Consists of customer service letters, including notification of address changes, beneficiary changes, bank changes and more.
- Renewal Notification – Notification of your contract renewal and rates.
- Billing information is available on the Jackson website; however, these documents are not available for electronic delivery at this time.
- Tax forms, grace and lapse notices and other non-system-generated correspondence are available in the Filing Cabinet and are delivered via U.S. mail per Compliance regulations.
You can register for online access to your Jackson Annuity account by visiting the Jackson Annuity Account Registration page. You will need to have your annuity contract number handy as it is required to register.